Entertaining during the busy holiday season often includes setting up a bar area for guests. Your holiday cocktail space can be created in the kitchen, dining room or any main living area where spills or splashes will not cause issues. A "help-yourself" setup allows guests to make their own simple drinks. This means having the cocktail ingredients, such as ice, garnishes, stir sticks (or spoons), napkins and any glassware, ready to go in one place.
During a festive season, unique holiday glassware can be decorated with ribbon or natural twine. If the bar area allows for it, you can also place a light snack, such as crackers or nuts, next to the drink offerings. Water or another beverage should be available nearby. Table decorations can make the bar area a focal point if space allows. You may want to use a tablecloth in a festive color since it will add to the décor as it protects your table! Let guests know what is being served on the cocktail table with a chalkboard message or another type of fun sign.
Invite Don Chelada to Your Party
Consider a Michelada bar! You can easily get your holiday party going with a bold beverage that matches the celebratory mood of the season. Plus, it’s an affordable way to entertain. Using Don Chelada cups to make the perfect Michelada simplifies the mixing of adult holiday cocktails. For a casual get-together, you can place the cups on an inside table, patio or deck. Traditional red and green colors look great with our Michelada cups. They give you a no-mess way to offer a cup with spice mix included. All you will need to provide with the cups is beer, limes and stir sticks. A Michelada bar can also be set up more formally with a bottle of our liquid mix, glasses, and beers.
Here are some ideas:
• Let guests mix a Michelada themselves by adding a beer to a few ounces of the mix. Just make sure your glasses can hold the size of Michelada that’s made.
• If using beer bottles, have an opener handy. Guests could also pour beer from a glass pitcher.
• Stash ice in a bucket.
• Write short instructions on mixing a Michelada on a colorful card, and display it in the bar area.
• Provide beer salt so guests can rim their own glasses, or pre-dress some of your barware.
• For easy rimming, moisten the glass with a lime wedge and coat with salt from a shallow dish, or make a rimmer dish available.
Create a Michelada bar at your next event, and keep holiday cocktail mixing simple and affordable with Don Chelada.